Data Security Solutions for CAD Users
and get free upgrades for a year!
Check Local Prices
Try CADVault before you buy
CADVault allows AutoCAD® users to secure
both graphical and non-graphical elements within an AutoCAD drawing file by
embedding those elements into an electronic vault object. The vault object
is a self contained graphical entity that
can place restrictions on how the embedded elements may be used or exposed
depending on the credentials of the person using the drawing file.
Pricing for CADVault varies by region depending on local
exchange rates, local taxes, and other factors such as the level of local
language support provided. Use our
price calculator to calculate the total cost of single user or site
license options in your region, or to find a local reseller partner.
See for yourself what all the buzz is about!
Download CADVault now, and try it out for yourself!
A full color CADVault brochure is available in PDF format.
Letter Size (378k)
A4 Size (378k)
- CADVault embeds a selection set of AutoCAD drawing
entities into a secure electronic vault object.
- Only the creator or owner of a vault object is allowed to extract the
embedded objects back into the host drawing model or paper space.
- The creator of a vault object may specify multiple usage roles with
different credentials and permissions.
- A usage role may permit viewing, printing, copying, moving, scaling,
measuring and other operations.
- A usage role may require the user to agree to a license agreement
before its permissions are enabled.
- Recipients of drawings containing vault objects may choose appropriate
roles depending on their credentials.
- Credentials may be provided in several forms, including passwords or
- The vault creator may set an expiration date so that the vault becomes
invalid after the specified date.
- The vault creator and other authorized users may digitally sign or
countersign a vault.
- Every vault contains permanent fields containing originator contact
information and legal notices.
- Two types of vault objects may be created, with each type offering a
different degree of insulation from the host drawing.
CADVault consists of a user interface module and a smaller
"object enabler" module that may be used by recipients of drawings
containing secured content, even in ObjectDBX host applications like DWG
TrueView from Autodesk.
- CADVault Runtime is the free client, known in AutoCAD terminology as
an object enabler, which allows recipients to use electronic vault
objects with varying permissions depending on their credentials. The
runtime component may be freely downloaded from the CADVault
- CADVault is the user interface component needed to create
electronic vault objects. Visit the CADVault
Download Center to download CADVault and learn why CADVault will revolutionize the way you protect your valuable design
data in the age of paperless collaboration.
To use CADVault, you must use a supported version of AutoCAD
running on a supported version of Windows. CADVault technology is designed
to work correctly with custom objects created by third party applications as
well as the Autodesk vertical market applications such as Architectural
Desktop. Official support may be limited when using CADVault with non-native
- AutoCAD 2000 through AutoCAD 2016, and AutoCAD LT 2000 through AutoCAD
- Windows XP or later (32-bit and 64-bit)
Copyright © 2015 CADLock, Inc. All rights reserved.